Friday, November 18, 2011

Wag Lang Di Makaraos: Eros Atalia’s New Book

I have been glued on the news websites and on Twitter all day, waiting for the next chapter of the Arroyo Saga. And the recent, successive events of this day that led to the arrest of our former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo made me look for something more interesting than Politics.

My journey into the depths of cyberspace led to stalking, er, checking myfriends’ Facebook pages.



And I ended up looking at Professor Eros Atalia’s profile.

Blame it to the evil ticker of Facebook which made observing (I repeat. Observing, not stalking.) easier. Or the news feed. When I saw Eros Atalia’s profile picture has been changed, and it looked like a cover of a book, a new book, I immediately checked his page.

Lo and behold! He’s releasing a new book! And it’s entitled ‘Wag Lang ‘Di Makaraos 100 Dagli (Mga Kwentong Pasaway, Paaway at Pamatay)’.



It has been two years since he gave us the love story of Intoy and Jen on Ligo na U, Lapit na Me and I can’t wait for another story/stories that he has to offer.

On his Facebook wall, he posted this details for the launching of his latest book:
Launching ng “Wag Lang ‘Di Makaraos 100 Dagli (Mga Kwentong Pasaway, Paaway at Pamatay)” sa Thomas Aquinas Research Complex (TARC) Auditorium , University of Santo Tomas sa November 28 (Monday), 2011; 12 nn-3pm. Panauhing pandangal ang Pambansang Alagad ng Sining para sa Literatura na si Bienvenido Lumbera, kasama ang Dekano ng UP Mass Communication na si Roland Tolentino, Jun Cruz Reyes, Efren Abueg at mga kaibigan, kapanalig at katanguan sa panulat at panitikan. Kita-kits.

I have another reason to envy the Thomasians, especially his (past and present) students. I may not be able to go to his book launch but I am sure as Gloria spending the rest of her life in jail that I will buy this book.

Are you excited for his new book? Mabuhay si Eros Atalia!

Wait, you don’t know him? Then it sucks to be you. Peace out!

Elsewhere:

2 comments:

  1. ito yung wala pa ko, out na po ba to sa NBS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Out na siya since last December. Mahirap nga lang maghanap dahil nagkakaubusan. :D

    ReplyDelete