Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pumped Up Kicks - Miracle of Modern Science (Orchestral Cover)

http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F26909489&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true&color=ff7700

“All the other kids with the pumped up kicks You’d better run, better run, outrun my gun All the other kids with the pumped up kicks You’d better run, better run, faster than my bullet..”

The lyrics is familiar, right? This song by Foster the People is inarguably one of the best songs of 2011. You hear it almost everywhere and I bet you have this in your phones, iPods, and music players. I first heard it on 99.5 RT and I immediately fell in love with it. (I just don’t know if the masa stations in Manila play this.)

Earlier this morning, I was browsing my dashboard when I saw a post from the Daily What featuring a Kickass Cover of the Day. The group described themselves as Bon Joviver - a fusion of Bon Iver and Bon Jovi - and they gave the Bon Jovi classicYou Give Love a Bad Name a Bon Iver-esque rendition. And I liked it.

I searched for the band on the web and found their other kickass covers. And this song by Foster The People left me repeatedly playing the song the whole morning. The strings and the rockestra-ish arrangement must have done the trick.

I have been posting serious stuff over the past days so here’s something to make my blog, and your dashboards, less serious, hyped, feel-good, and fun.

I hate to make a comparison by in my opinion, this cover is better than the original.

Enjoy the music fellas! Good morning from this side of the globe!

Elsewhere:

No comments:

Post a Comment